- Carefully read the specimen requirements
- Collect timed specimens in a pre-weighed, well-sealed container (available from the laboratory upon request).
- Determine weight of total sample.
- Mix contents of timed sample well to obtain a homogeneous mixture.
- Remove the required aliquot to a screw-cap plastic container and seal well.
- Record the total weight and collection time of the sample on both the sample container and the test requisition. Do not send the entire collection unless instructions for specific test indicate otherwise.
- For instructions for stool cultures, refer to the Microbiology section in this directory.