Welcome to the Quest Diagnostics “Topics in Drug Testing” podcast. Today’s episode is with Les Edinboro, PhD, Quest Diagnostics executive science director, toxicology and drug monitoring, and Jeff Gudin, MD, senior medical advisor Quest Diagnostics drug monitoring. Drs Edinboro and Gudin will be discussing “Why and When to Use Oral Fluid Testing.”
The podcast will cover:
- What is oral fluid testing?
- Compare oral fluid testing to other methods of testing
- What are the benefits of oral fluid testing?
- What are some of the drugs oral fluid testing can identify
- How are the drugs identified?
- How is the sample collected?
- Discuss some of the collection issues
To listen to other podcasts in our series or learn more about Quest Diagnostics comprehensive drug testing offering, please visit QuestDrugMonitoring.com. There you will find our Drug Monitoring Test Directory, as well as educational resources and insights from our team of toxicology experts. At Quest Diagnostics we are committed to providing you results and insight to support your clinical decisions.
Date Recorded: Wednesday, April 01, 2020
Authors: Edinboro, L, Gudin, J