ADAMTS13 activity is reported as IU/mL.
Note: 1.00 IU/mL is equivalent to 100% activity.
Test code(s) 14532
1. Masias C, Cataland SR. The role of ADAMTS13 testing in the diagnosis and management of thrombotic microangiopathies and thrombosis. Blood. 2018;132(9):903-910. doi:10.1182/blood-2018-02-791533
2. Chiasakul T, Cuker A. Clinical and laboratory diagnosis of TTP: an integrated approach. Hematology Am Soc Hematol Educ Program. 2018;2018(1):530-538. doi:10.1182/asheducation-2018.1.530
3. Bettoni G, Palla R, Valsecchi C, et al. ADAMTS-13 activity and autoantibodies classes and subclasses as prognostic predictors in acquired thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. J Thromb Haemost. 2012;10(8):1556-1565. doi:10.1111/j.1538-7836.2012.04808.x
4. Zakarija A, Bennet C. Drug-induced thrombotic microangiopathy. Semin Thromb Hemost. 2005;31(6):681-690. doi:10.1055/s-2005-925474
5. Dlott JS, Danielson CF, Blue-Hnidy DE, et al. Drug-induced thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura/hemolytic uremic syndrome: a concise review. Ther Apher Dial. 2004;8(2):102-111. doi:10.1111/j.1526-0968.2003.00127.x
6. Bendapudi PK, Hurwitz S, Fry A, et al. Derivation and external validation of the PLASMIC score for rapid assessment of adults with thrombotic microangiopathies: a cohort study. Lancet Haematol. 2017;4(4):e157-e164. doi:10.1016/S2352-3026(17)30026-1
7. Williams LA, Marques MB; Education Committee of the Academy of Clinical Laboratory Physicians and Scientists. Pathology consultation on the diagnosis and treatment of thrombotic microangiopathies (TMAs). Am J Clin Pathol. 2016;145(2):158-165. doi:10.1093/ajcp/aqv086
This FAQ is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice. Test selection and interpretation, diagnosis, and patient management decisions should be based on the physician’s education, clinical expertise, and assessment of the patient.
Document FAQS.112 Version 3:
Version 3 effective 10/29/2021 to present
Version 2 effective 10/15/2020 to 10/29/2021
Version 1 effective 03/31/2016 to 10/15/2020
Version 0 effective 12/20/2013 to 03/30/2016