Clinical Toxicology Resources
The sites below include guidelines and regulations and provide information on Clinical Toxicology.
- American Academy of Clinical Toxicology: http://www.clintox.org/
- International Association of Clinical Toxicology Committee: http://www.iatdmct.org/index.php/publisher/articleview/frmArticleID/13/
- Federation of State Medical Boards: www.fsmb.org
- Midwest Association of Clinical Toxicology and Therapeutic Drug Monitoring: http://www.midwesttox.org/index.html
- European Association of Poisons Centers and Clinical Toxicologists: http://www.eapcct.org/
- Journal of Clinical Toxicology:: http://www.omicsonline.org/jcthome.php
Therapeutic Drug Monitoring
Listed below are resources that aid in the understanding and regulations of therapeutic drug monitoring.
- International Association of Therapeutic Drug Monitoring: http://www.iatdmct.org/index.php/publisher/articleview/frmArticleID/138/
- Importance of Therapeutic Drug Monitoring: http://labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/therapeutic-drug/start/1
- Important note of guidelines : http://www.guideline.gov/content.aspx?id=15665
In order to help understand the danger and importance of heavy metal testing use the resources below:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration Toxic Metals: https://www.osha.gov/SLTC/metalsheavy/
- Physicians for Social Responsibility Heavy Metals: http://www.psr.org/environment-and-health/confronting-toxics/heavy-metals/
- Life Extension Heavy Metal Detoxification: http://www.lef.org/protocols/health_concerns/heavy_metal_detoxification_01.htm
Some important health conditions related to toxicology
- Epilepsy: http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/epilepsy/epilepsy.htm
- ADHD: http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/attention-deficit-hyperactivity-disorder/index.shtml
- Mental Health Conditions: http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/index.shtml
Educational Resources and Publications
Below is a list of specific educational resources and publications, including an online CME.
- Centers of Disease Control and Prevention Vital Signs online issues: www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns/issues.html
- Quest Diagnostics Education Center: education.QuestDiagnostics.com
- Urine Drug Testing in Clinical Practice CME: www.udtmonograph.com
Quest Diagnostics Physician Videos
To help answer some important questions you may have on the topic of prescription drug monitoring, you can learn directly from physician colleagues who are specialists in the field of chronic pain.
Visit QuestDiagnostics.com/PDMvideos to view videos of physicians discussing drug monitoring
- Why Test
- Who and When to Test
- How to Test
- Practical Tips for Interpreting Results
- How to Discuss Testing with Your Patients
You can also view case studies from physicians who have successfully implemented drug monitoring programs in their practices.