Current ICD-10 Status Update
ICD-10 is now in effect as of October 1, 2015 and Quest Diagnostics is fully prepared.
Clients should now be submitting ICD-10 codes for all lab services with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015.
Quest Diagnostics is committed to providing you timely access to information about the ICD-10 transition. In addition to the Quanum EHR ICD-10 Product Overview Video we shared in mid-summer, we continue to perform end-to-end testing with passing codes from Quanum EHR to various Patient Management Systems. Following are some key points:
- The new Diagnosis Code selection options within Quanum EHR are now incorporated into the existing product workflow. This limits the need for additional training
- The ICD-10 codes have been added to the current code selection fields. The codes allow you the option of Snomed, ICD-9 and ICD-10 codes.
- You will have the ability to select ICD-9 codes after October 1, 2015 for services that occurred prior to October 1, 2015 and/or for those services delivered that don’t require ICD-10.
- ICD-9 to ICD-10 translation is now provided during the Diagnosis look-up. You are now able to enter the ICD-9 code, and associated ICD-10 codes are provided. This will assist in your transition from ICD-9 to ICD-10 codes within the Clinical Note and Problem List.
- The ICD-10 Code selection process includes filters to limit the diagnosis selected by Age and Gender.
For existing Quanum EHR customers, all current resources can be located in our Training Center: Quanum EHR > Help > Online Training.
If you are not yet a customer, and are interested in learning more about our solutions, call us today at 888-835-3409.
Other EHR Vendors
Clients who utilize other EHR vendors should continue to work with them to ensure ICD-10 codes will be able to be submitted with their ordered tests.
We will continue to communicate with our clients and engage in education efforts throughout 2015 to ensure the smoothest transition possible.
Scheduled and Standing Orders
In preparation for the October 1, 2015 implementation of ICD-10 codes, ICD-10 codes will be made available to you, beginning April 1, on the Quanum™ eLabs. You may be required to provide a valid ICD-9 and ICD-10 diagnosis code with a scheduled or standing order since it may require the patient to obtain laboratory services before and after the new ICD-10 implementation date of October 1, 2015. The order cannot be completed without a valid ICD-9 and ICD-10 diagnosis code, if the services will continue on or after October 1, 2015.
Also, please confirm that you chose the most specific ICD-10 code for each diagnosis. For more information, please visit our ICD-10 planning webpage at QuestDiagnostics.com/ICD10.
Last Updated: April 21, 2015