My Recent Searches
- No Recent Search.
My Tests Viewed
- No Test Viewed.
Omega-3 and -6 Fatty Acids
- Ordering Info
To view specimen requirements and codes please Select a regional laboratory.Not sure which laboratory serves your office? Call us 866-MYQUEST (866-697-8378)
**IMPORTANT: CPT Code is informational only; obtain the Test Code for ordering.
|Omega-3 (EPA+DHA) Index||1.4-4.9 %|
|EPA/Arachidonic Acid Ratio||≤0.2|
|Arachidonic Acid||5.2-12.9 %|
1. Baseline and monitoring of individuals with known CVD (acute and chronic) to deterimine Rx and compliance.
2. Identify patients with known CVD risk with low omega-3 levels who may be candidates for supplementation/therapy.
3. Monitor patients on omega-3 supplementation/therapy to determine efficacy of treatment.
4. Potential role in risk reduction for non-CVD outcomes-aged related macular degeneration, RA, cancer, etc. (early data).
Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids (PUFAs),EPA,Omega-3 Index,Omega-6/omega-3 Ratio,Phospholipid Omega-3 Fatty Acid,Arachidonic Acid/EPA Ratio,DHA,Arachidonic Acid (AA),Phospholipid Omega-6 Fatty Acid
Reference ranges are provided as general guidance only. To interpret test results use the reference range in the laboratory report.
The CPT codes provided are based on AMA guidelines and are for informational purposes only. CPT coding is the sole responsibility of the billing party. Please direct any questions regarding coding to the payer being billed.
* The tests listed by specialist are a select group of tests offered. For a complete list of Quest Diagnostics tests, please refer to our Directory of Services.