Quest Diagnostics Clinical Trials Connect
Bringing patients and physicians together to change the face of clinical trials
Quest Clinical Trials Connect helps bring physicians, patients, and Principal Investigators (PIs) together to support the development of new therapies that can improve the lives of patients everywhere.
For more than 50 years, Quest Diagnostics has been providing insights that lead to more informed healthcare decisions. We help deliver better healthcare today and inspire the innovations of tomorrow.
Our new solution helps drive more cost-effective and timely clinical trials. By connecting the right patients with the right clinical trials at the right time and place, we help move new medicines and therapies from vision to reality and bring new hope to patients and their caregivers.
The rapidly changing face of medicine offers new opportunities to improve patient health—but moving new medical discoveries through a development pipeline and into market is a time-consuming and expensive endeavor.
A “one size fits all” approach to clinical trials may no longer deliver value or advance healthcare when it comes to diseases like cancer, nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH), Alzheimer’s disease, and more.
Ongoing challenges in clinical trials—recruiting the right patients, controlling costs, building relationships with physicians, and validating sites—drive a need for solutions that help bring innovative new treatments to patients who need them.
Quest has relationships throughout healthcare—pharma, patients, physicians, health plans, and health systems—uniquely positioning us to make the connections needed to drive more effective clinical trials.
Because less than 20% of patients report learning about clinical trials from their doctor, our ability to communicate directly with patients can help connect patients with the right clinical study opportunities.1
Some of the advantages Quest brings to clinical trials include
- Touches the lives of 1 in 3 American adults each year
- Serves about half of the physicians and hospitals in the US
- A broad geographic reach via a network of more than 2,250 Patient Service Centers, with increasing retail presence with locations in Walmart® and Safeway™
- A comprehensive advanced diagnostics test portfolio, with ongoing R&D in companion diagnostics and in-home testing
- Collaboration with a wide range of leading healthcare organizations
- 10 years of longitudinal data
- Q2 Solutions™, a joint venture between Quest Diagnostics and IQVIA™ provides central laboratory services to support clinical development programs
Our current service offerings are focused around patient and physician identification, and patient recruitment
- Site/Investigator validation and identification
- Direct patient screening
- Physician outreach
- Center for Information and Study on Clinical Research Participation (CISCRP). Top sources where people learned about clinical research studies. https://www.ciscrp.org/education-center/charts-statistics/. Accessed October 31, 2019.