My Recent Searches
- No Recent Search.
My Tests Viewed
- No Test Viewed.
- Ordering Info
To view specimen requirements and codes please select your laboratory:
Not sure which laboratory serves your office? Call us 1-866-MYQUEST (1-866-697-8378)
0.5 mL saliva collected in a Salivette(R) tube only.
Call 1-800-LAB-XCEL to order the Salivette(R) tubes
(Order number 140076).
1. Rinse mouth thoroughly with water and discard. Do not
2. Hold the Salivette(R) at the rim of the suspended
insert and remove the stopper.
3. Remove the swab.
4. Place the swab undtr the tongue until well saturated
approx one minute.
5. Return the saturated swab to the suspended insert and
close the Salivette(R) firmly with the stopper
6. Do not remove the tube holdine the insert. The
Salivette(R) should be sent to the lab with the swab
7. Label the Salivette(R) with the patient name, date
and time of collection, and any other identifying
1. Saliva should be collected at the time(s) prescribed
by the doctor
2. No food or fluids for 30 minutes prior to collection
3. Do not use any creams, lotions, or steroid inhalers
immediately prior to collection
4. Avoid any activity that can cause your gums to bleed,
including brushing and flossing your teeth. Consult
with doctor if this is a chronic problem.
5. Do not use this kit on children under 3 years of age
or any patient with increased risk of swallowing or
0.2 mL saliva
Room temperature: 5 days
Refrigerated: 7 days
Liquid Chromatography/Tandem Mass Spectrometry (LC/MS/MS)
Quest Diagnostics Nichols SJC
Set up: Mon-Fri; Report available: 2-6 days
8-10 AM: 0.04-0.56 mcg/dL
4-6 PM: < OR = 0.15 mcg/dL
10-11 PM: < OR = 0.09 mcg/dL
The Result and LOINC information listed below should not be used for electronic interface maintenance with Quest Diagnostics. Please contact the Quest Diagnostics Connectivity Help Desk for more information at 800-697-9302.NOTE: The codes listed in the table below are not orderable Test Codes.
|Result Name||LOINC Code||Component Name|
Reference ranges are provided as general guidance only. To interpret test results use the reference range in the laboratory report.
The CPT codes provided are based on AMA guidelines and are for informational purposes only. CPT coding is the sole responsibility of the billing party. Please direct any questions regarding coding to the payer being billed.
LOINC assignment is based on a combination of test attributes, including the method used by the performing laboratory. For tests not performed by Quest Diagnostics, codes are assigned by the performing laboratory.
* The tests listed by specialist are a select group of tests offered. For a complete list of Quest Diagnostics tests, please refer to our Directory of Services.