My Recent Searches
- No Recent Search.
My Tests Viewed
- No Test Viewed.
- Ordering Info
To view specimen requirements and codes please select your laboratory:
Not sure which laboratory serves your office? Call us 1-866-MYQUEST (1-866-697-8378)
0.5 mL saliva collected in a Salivette(R) tube only.
Call 1-800-LAB-XCEL to order the Salivette(R) tubes
(Order number 140076).
1. Collect saliva at the times prescribed by your
doctor. Saliva should be collected before you brush
your teeth in the morning . During the day, saliva
should be collected no earlier than 30 minutes after
eating or drinking.
2. Hold the Salivette(R) at the rim of the suspended
insert ad remove the stopper.
3. Remove the swab from the Salivette(R).
4. Collect the saliva by gently chewing on the swab for
one minute or keep the swab in your mouth until you feel
that you can no longer prevent yourself from swallowing
the saliva produced.
5. Return the saturated swab to the suspended insert
and close the Salivette(R) firmly with the stopper.
6. If the specimen cannot reach the laboratory
immediately after collection, the specimen must be
If collecting multiple samples, submit each collection
on a separate requisition, with the time collected
recorded on the requisition and the specimen collection
0.2 mL saliva
Room temperature: 48 hours
Refrigerated: 7 days
Liquid Chromatography/Tandem Mass spectrometry (LC/MS/MS)
Nichols Institute, San Juan Capistrano
Set up: Sun-Thurs p.m.; Report available: 6 days
8-10 AM: 0.04-0.56 mcg/dL
4-6 PM: < OR = 0.15 mcg/dL
10-11 PM: < OR = 0.09 mcg/dL
Reference ranges are provided as general guidance only. To interpret test results use the reference range in the laboratory report.
(The CPT codes provided are based on AMA guidelines and are for informational purposes only. CPT coding is the sole responsibility of the billing party. Please direct any questions regarding coding to the payer being billed.)
* The tests listed by specialist are a select group of tests offered. For a complete list of Quest Diagnostics tests, please refer to our Directory of Services.