My Recent Searches
- No Recent Search.
My Tests Viewed
- No Test Viewed.
- Ordering Info
To view specimen requirements and codes please select your laboratory:
Not sure which laboratory serves your office? Call us 1-866-MYQUEST (1-866-697-8378)
Cortisol, LC/MS/MS, Saliva, 4 Samples
1. Saliva should be collected at the time(s) prescribed by your doctor.
2. No food or fluids for 30 minutes prior to collection.
3. Do not use any creams, lotions, or steroid inhalers immediately prior to collection.
4. Avoid any activity that can cause your gums to bleed, including brushing and flossing your teeth. Consult with your doctor if this is a chronic problem.
5. Do not use this kit on children under 3 years of age or any patient with increased risk of swallowing or choking.
0.5 mL saliva [x4]
0.2 mL saliva [x4]
1. Rinse mouth thoroughly with water and discard. Do not swallow.
2. Hold the Salivette® at the rim of the suspended insert and remove the stopper.
3. Remove the swab.
4. Place the swab under the tongue until well saturated, approximately 1 minute.
5. Return the saturated swab to the suspended insert and close the Salivette® firmly with the stopper.
6. Do not remove the tube holding the insert. The Salivette® should be sent to the lab with the swab inside.
7. Label the Salivette® with the patient name, date and time of collection, and any other identifying information. The Salivette® may be refrigerated if they cannot be sent to the laboratory within 24 hours of collection.
Refrigerated (cold packs)
Room temperature: 48 hours
Refrigerated: 7 days
Frozen (-20°): 2 years
Frozen (-70°): Not Established
Any tubes other than Salivette will be rejected
Liquid Chromatography/Tandem Mass Spectrometry
Quest Diagnostics Nichols Institute
33608 Ortega Highway
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92690-6130
Set up: Sun-Thurs; Report Available: 6-9 days
See Laboratory Report
The Result and LOINC information listed below should not be used for electronic interface maintenance with Quest Diagnostics. Please contact the Quest Diagnostics Connectivity Help Desk for more information at 800-697-9302.NOTE: The codes listed in the table below are not orderable Test Codes.
|Result Name||LOINC Code||Component Name|
|86006703||Cortisol,Salivary Sample 1||57687-6||Cortisol^1st specimen|
|86008975||Draw Date 1||33882-2||Collection date|
|86008976||Draw Time 1||49049-0||Collection time|
|86006704||Cortisol,Salivary Sample 2||57685-0||Cortisol^2nd specimen|
|86009038||Draw Date 2||33882-2||Collection date|
|86009039||Draw Time 2||49049-0||Collection time|
|86006705||Cortisol,Salivary Sample 3||57688-4||Cortisol^3rd specimen|
|86009040||Draw Date 3||33882-2||Collection date|
|86009041||Draw Time 3||49049-0||Collection time|
|86006706||Cortisol,Salivary Sample 4||57689-2||Cortisol^4th specimen|
|86009042||Draw Date 4||33882-2||Collection date|
|86009043||Draw Time 4||49049-0||Collection time|
Reference ranges are provided as general guidance only. To interpret test results use the reference range in the laboratory report.
The CPT codes provided are based on AMA guidelines and are for informational purposes only. CPT coding is the sole responsibility of the billing party. Please direct any questions regarding coding to the payer being billed.
LOINC assignment is based on a combination of test attributes, including the method used by the performing laboratory. For tests not performed by Quest Diagnostics, codes are assigned by the performing laboratory.
* The tests listed by specialist are a select group of tests offered. For a complete list of Quest Diagnostics tests, please refer to our Directory of Services.