My Recent Searches
- No Recent Search.
My Tests Viewed
- No Test Viewed.
- Ordering Info
To view specimen requirements and codes please select your laboratory:
Not sure which laboratory serves your office? Call us 1-866-MYQUEST (1-866-697-8378)
SurePath® Pap with Reflex to HPV mRNA E6/E7
88142; HCPCS: G0123
If SurePath® Pap result is ASCUS, HPV mRNA E6/E7 will be performed at an additional charge (CPT code(s): 87621).
Pap results requiring physician interpretation will be performed at an additional charge (CPT code(s): 88141; HCPCS: G0124)
For Interpretations of Atypical Squamous Cells (ASC), HPV DNA, High Risk will be performed at an additional charge (CPT code(s): 87621).
Pap sample collected with a cytobroom. Cytobroom tip submitted in a SurePath® vial. Alcohol based solution that serves as preservative and transport media for gynecological samples.
See Gynecologic Specimens: The "Pap" Test in the Cytology section of Specimen Collection and Handling.
Gynecological sample collected with cytobroom in routine manner and broom tip deposited in SurePath® vial
Provide all patient information using the Cytology test requisition.
Brush/Spatula Device (PapPerfect Spatula and CytoBrush GT)
1. Complete the test requisition.
2. Record the patient's First Initial and Full Last Name or unique identifier on the vial.
3. Select contoured end of Pap Perfect plastic spatula and rotate 360° around the entire exocervix while maintaining tight contact with exocervical surface.
4. Visually locate the notched score line on the side of the spatula handle, about 4 cm from the contoured collection end. With gloved hand(s) and one single, quick, and firm SNAP, separate the contoured end from the rest of the spatula handle. Do not touch collection end. Drop this contoured end into a vial of SurePath® preservative (supplied by TriPath Imaging, Inc.). Discard remaining device handle end of the spatula after each use. Place cap on vial until step 6; do not tighten cap.
5. Insert Cytobrush Plus GT device into the endocervix until only the bottom-most bristles are exposed at the os. Slowly rotate 1/4-1/2 turn in one direction. To reduce unnecessary bleeding, do not over-rotate brush. Over-rotation may result in poor sample collection. Remove cytobrush device.
6. Visually locate the notched score line on the side of the cytobrush handle, about 4 cm from the brush tip. With gloved hand(s) and one single, quick, and firm SNAP, separate the brush head-short handle from the rest of brush handle. Do not touch collection end. Drop brush head-short handle into the same vial of SurePath® preservative. Discard remaining device handle end of cytobrush.
7. Tighten the SurePath® vial cap so the torque line on the cap passes the torque line on the vial. Attach to SurePath® vial an appropriate requisition form and send to lab in a specimen bag for transport to the laboratory.
Broom-Like Device (Rover's Cervex-Brush®)
1. Complete the Cytology test requisition.
2. Record the patient's first initial and full last name or unique identifier on the vial.
3. Obtain an adequate sampling from the cervix using a broom-like device.
4. Insert the central bristles of the broom into the endocervical canal deep enough to allow the shorter bristles to fully contact the ectovcervix. Push gently, and rotate the broom in a clockwise direction five times. DO NOT ROTATE IN A COUNTERCLOCKWISE DIRECTION.
5. Remove and "pop-off" broom head into the SurePath® vial.
6. Tighten the cap so the torque line on the cap passes the torque line on the vial.
7. Place the vial and requisition in a specimen bag for transport to the laboratory.
Room temperature: 28 days
Refrigerated: 6 months
Unlabeled vial • Leakage of fluid during transport • Mismatch between name of patient on vial and name on test requisition • SurePath® (blue) vials without the head of the collection device(s) in the fluid
Liquid Based-Density Gradient Sedimentation
The performance characteristics of this assay have been determined by Quest Diagnostics. Performance characteristics refer to the analytical performance of the test when used to test SurePath® or Vaginal specimens.
|6700 Steger Drive|
|Cincinnati, OH 45237-3046|
See Laboratory Report
Liquid based pap testing is intended for use in the screening and detection of cervical cancer, pre-cancerous lesions, atypical cells and all other cytologic categories as defined by the bethesda system for reporting results of cervical cytology. Pap screening is not reliable for the detection of endometrial cancer.
Pap SurePath® Reflex HPV, Cytology SurePath® with Reflex HPV
The Result and LOINC information listed below should not be used for electronic interface maintenance with Quest Diagnostics. Please contact the Quest Diagnostics Connectivity Help Desk for more information at 800-697-9302.NOTE: The codes listed in the table below are not orderable Test Codes.
|Result Name||LOINC Code||Component Name|
|90000555||REPORT STATUS:||8251-1||Service comment|
|90000571||CLINICAL INFORMATION:||55752-0||Clinical information|
|90000597||LMP:||8665-2||Date last menstrual period|
|90000613||PREV. PAP:||60432-2||Date of previous PAP smear|
|90000639||PREV. BX:||60431-4||Date of previous biopsy|
|90000654||NUMBER OF SLIDES||42186-7||Number of specimens received|
|90000712||STATEMENT OF ADEQUACY:||19764-0||Statement of adequacy|
|90000779||GENERAL CATEGORIZATION:||19762-4||General categories|
|90001280||COMMENT:||19774-9||Cytology study comment|
|90001496||COMMENT, INTERNAL||8251-1||Service comment|
Reference ranges are provided as general guidance only. To interpret test results use the reference range in the laboratory report.
The CPT codes provided are based on AMA guidelines and are for informational purposes only. CPT coding is the sole responsibility of the billing party. Please direct any questions regarding coding to the payer being billed.
LOINC assignment is based on a combination of test attributes, including the method used by the performing laboratory. For tests not performed by Quest Diagnostics, codes are assigned by the performing laboratory.
* The tests listed by specialist are a select group of tests offered. For a complete list of Quest Diagnostics tests, please refer to our Directory of Services.