Preparing for a lab test
Lab Test Results
How long does it take to receive test results?
Most tests are completed and reported to your doctor within about 24 hours of receiving the sample for testing. Certain tests take several days to weeks.
Can I get a copy of my lab test results?
- You can get your results electronically:
- You may get your test results through the mail:
- Next time your physician orders a lab test, ask your physician to indicate on the requisition that Quest Diagnostics should also send you a copy of the test results. Most tests take between 1-10 days to complete.
- If you want a copy of previous test results you can ask your physician to send you a copy.
- You can request and fill out a form to get your test results directly from Quest Diagnostics if your state of residence permits us to release them. See state availability. Once we receive your completed form, you will receive your test result within approximately 30 days.
About Quest Diagnostics
What types of tests does Quest Diagnostics perform?
Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information, and services. Our clinical laboratory testing services include: blood tests, body fluid testing, tissue pathology and cytology, health screening and monitoring tests, drug screening and testing as well as gene-based testing (genetic testing
). Visit our Patient Health Library
to see a list of frequently ordered lab tests and related information, such as patient brochures, and printable lists of questions you can ask your physician.