About the Diabetes, Newly Diagnosed and Monitoring Panel
What is it?
This panel offers you a simple way to follow American Diabetes Association (ADA) recommendations for diabetes lab testing in patients with type 2 diabetes.1 Using this single panel that includes everything you need to adhere to testing guidelines, you’ll be able to detect the onset of complications as early as possible and make informed decisions about how to proceed with treatment.
The Diabetes, Newly Diagnosed and Monitoring Panel assesses:
- Fasting lipid levels
- Fasting glucose
- Liver functions tests (albumin, total and direct bilirubin, alkaline phosphatase, total protein, ALT, AST)
- Urinary albumin excretion (UAE)
- Spot urine albumin-to-creatinine ratio
- Serum creatinine/eGFR
When should you use it?
- To get a baseline snapshot of key parameters in newly diagnosed patients
- As part of your routine annual visit for patients with diabetes
What makes it different?
The Diabetes, Newly Diagnosed and Monitoring Panel offers all the tests you need to adhere to ADA guidelines for testing patients with type 2 diabetes.1 Whether your patient is newly diagnosed or seeing you for an annual visit, this panel provides you with a convenient way to perform comprehensive, guidelines-based testing.
Let us help you know what’s ahead
Contact a Quest Diagnostics Sales Representative to learn more
Want to learn more about ADA guidelines-based testing?
1 Standards of medical care in diabetes—2017. Diabetes Care. 2017;40(Suppl 1):S1-S135.