A Quanum™ EHR Success Profile
Featuring the MetroWest Accountable Care Organization
The Search for the Ideal EHR
In 2009, the MetroWest Accountable Health Care Organization was searching for the right
Electronic Health Record (EHR) solution to meet the needs of physician offices. Offices
ranged in size from one to five physicians.
Representatives had been searching for the best EHR solution for nearly five years. During their evaluations, they found issues with other EHR platforms including a difficulty sharing information, long training cycles on complex systems and financial expenses that the smaller practices could not absorb. Doctors were also concerned about the disruption in practice workflows.
Key EHR features that MetroWest required included:
- Access to a proven web-based platform
- Shared data across the MetroWest network, not just with a single practice
- The ability to write clinical notes and view lab and radiology results
- Location: Boston metropolitan area
- Physicians: 160 primary care physicians and specialists in small practices
- Office size: From one to five physicians
- Affiliated with MetroWest Medical Center: 319-bed regional healthcare system
- Critical Needs:
- Adopt an effective, affordable and patient-centered Electronic Health Record (EHR) solution
- Remove primary barriers to EHR adoption among small practices such as: financial constraints, lack of technology/computer skills, lengthy implementations and workflow disruptions
Download the complete MetroWest Testimonial >
We're Here to Help.