Living with diabetes
Staying on track with diabetes testing and treatment
If you have diabetes, you know how challenging it can be to keep up with everything in your treatment plan. Eating right, exercising, remembering your medication, keeping up with doctor appointments, going for routine tests—these are all important aspects of diabetes management that can be hard to remember every day. But sticking with your treatment plan can make a big difference in your health.
Convenient diabetes testing
Quest Diagnostics offers diabetes management tests that help you and your doctor make sure you get the testing you need, when you need it. Our tests for diabetes management follow the recommendations of the American Diabetes Association (ADA), so you know you’re getting the information necessary to monitor your diabetes effectively.
Our tests include the following:
- Diabetes, Newly Diagnosed and Monitoring Panel
This panel includes all tests recommended by the ADA for annual diabetes monitoring.
- Diabetes, Advancing Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Management Panel
If you have diabetes, you may also have CKD. This panel combines all tests recommended by the ADA for patients with diabetes and stage 3 or stage 4 CKD.
- Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) Fibrosis Score Panel
If you have diabetes, you may also have NAFLD. NAFLD can be serious if it leads to nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH), or liver inﬂammation. Damage to the liver caused by NASH may result in the need for a liver transplant. This test can help identify NAFLD so that you and your doctor can take steps to manage it.
Tools to help you with treatment
We offer an array of simple and effective tools to help you stay organized so you can keep up with the important demands associated with managing your diabetes. Whether it’s making and remembering doctors’ appointments, staying on top of medication, or getting routine tests done on time, Quest Diagnostics has tools that will help:
- MyQuest™–a convenient way to view, access, and securely share health information, as well as check weight and body mass wirelessly. This is also a great way to help ensure you get testing done on time
- Diabetes education resources–print and online pieces that help you understand the importance of testing and staying with your treatment plan