Medical Review Officer services
Fully integrated state and federally compliant Medical Review Officer (MRO)1 reporting provides you with faster, independent results review.
- Access to a national MRO network of licensed, independent physicians to give you full flexibility
- Online secure system, allowing the MRO to quickly receive results and review Chain of Custody Forms (CCFs)
- System separate from Quest Diagnostics laboratory networks for maintaining independence and compliance
All participating MROs meet the following requirements:
- Licensed as a medical doctor (MD) or doctor of osteopathic medicine (DO)
- Knowledgeable about substance abuse disorders, plus clinical experience
- Certified by a nationally recognized MRO certification board
Seamless MRO review process
1 MRO qualifications require that the MRO is licensed as a medical doctor (MD) or doctor of osteopathic medicine (DO) in any one state. The MRO must have knowledge of substance abuse disorders, plus clinical experience. The MRO must pass a certification test by a nationally recognized MRO certification board (e.g., MROCC, AAMRO) which includes a mandated training curriculum. The MRO is required to complete requalification training every five (5) years. MRO’s do not work for the laboratory nor do they have a financial relationship with the laboratory. The laboratory may not derive financial benefit by having an employer use a specific MRO. Quest Diagnostics maintains this independent relationship with the MRO in all of its operations.