Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. We are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
At a Glance
- Fortune 500 company
- Revenues: $7.4 billion in 2012
- Ownership: common stock traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX). More in Investor Relations
- Employees: approximately 42,000
- Medical & scientific staff: approximately 900 MDs and PhDs available for consultation
Products and Services
- Diagnostic testing services
- Diagnostic products: kits, reagents & devices
- Clinical trials
- Healthcare IT
- Wellness & risk management
Read more about our products and services.
- Approximately 150 million times each year, patients and their physicians rely upon our results to make important healthcare decisions
- We serve half of the physicians and hospitals in the US.
- Our healthcare IT solutions connect over 165,000 physicians. Approximately one third of U.S. physicians – and many of the country’s leading hospitals and health systems – rely on our healthcare information solutions to foster better patient care and improve their business performance.
- Our point-of-care products are used for near-patient testing approximately 400,000 times a day and are distributed in over 130 countries.
- We also provide services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
Our QuestCares program touches the lives of thousands of people across the country. Our employees bring a deep level of compassion and care in serving others, to improve their personal health and to make a lasting, meaningful impact in the communities where we live and work. For example, In 2011, Quest Diagnostics and its employees gave over $2 million to charities, including more than $450,000 for the American Cancer Society, our national charity through 2013, and helped donate more than 1,000 pints of blood. In addition, we provided $29 million in free and reduced price testing services through our patient assistance programs.
Read more about our corporate citizenship.
Headquarters in the US: 3 Giralda Farms, Madison, NJ 07940
Operations in the US, India, Ireland, Mexico, Sweden and the UK.
Approximately 2,000 patient locations throughout the US.
Read more about our locations.
- Steve Rusckowski, President and CEO
- Jon R. Cohen, Senior Vice President and Chief Medical Officer
- Catherine T. Doherty, Senior Vice President, Clinical Franchises
- Robert A. Hagemann, Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Kathy Ordoñez, Senior Vice President, Discovery and Development for Quest Diagnostics, and President, Celera
- Michael E. Prevoznik, Senior Vice President and General Counsel
Read more about our management team, including the Board of Directors.
For more, visit our Newsroom.
- Consistently named one of the best places to work by numerous US business journals
- Ranked as Platinum level “Best Employer for Healthy Lifestyles” by the National Business Group on Health
- Achieved Cancer Gold Standard™ accreditation from the CEO Roundtable on Cancer, recognizing our important actions to reduce the cancer risk of employees and their families
- Included in Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, a list that represents the top 10% of the leading sustainability companies out of the biggest 2,500 companies in the Dow Jones Global Total Stock Market Index
- Recognized as leaders in providing specialized testing, including gene-based, drugs of abuse, and cancer testing
- Quest Diagnostics earned a place on the annual Newsweek Green Rankings, for the third consecutive year, placing 177 on the U.S. 500 list
- The Quest Diagnostics ground logistics fleet was awarded the prestigious 4-Star Evergreen Fleet Certification by the Puget Sound Clean Air Agency, an organization within the U.S. Dept of Energy's Clean Cities Coalition for the third consecutive year