Quest Diagnostics empowers people to take action to improve health outcomes. Derived from the world's largest database of clinical lab results, our diagnostic insights reveal new avenues to identify and treat disease, inspire healthy behaviors and improve health care management. Quest annually serves one in three adult Americans and half the physicians and hospitals in the United States, and our 45,000 employees understand that, in the right hands and with the right context, our diagnostic insights can inspire actions that transform lives. Headquarters: 3 Giralda Farms, Madison, NJ 07940.
At a Glance
- Generated 2014 revenues of approximately $7.4 billion
- Publicly trades common stock on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX). More in Investor Relations
- Ranks as a component of the Standard & Poor's 500
- Touches the lives of 30 percent of American adults each year
- Serves about half of the physicians and hospitals in the U.S.
- Engages workforce of about 45,000 employees dedicated to putting patients first every day
- Operates more than 2,200 patient service centers
- A medical and scientific staff of more than 700 M.D.s and Ph.D.s.
- Strong logistics capabilities, including approximately 3,000 courier vehicles and 20 aircraft that collectively make tens of thousands of stops daily
- Offers physicians a test menu that is industry leading in breadth and innovation. Our test menu ranges from routine biological tests to complex and specialized molecular and gene-based testing as well as anatomic pathology
- Provides broad range of solutions for employers, including workplace drug testing for employers and government agencies; the Blueprint for Wellness employee wellness service; and risk assessment services for the life insurance industry
- Publishes original research in peer reviewed publications, at medical and scientific conferences, and as a public service. Quest Diagnostics Health Trends reports examine trends in conditions and diseases based on the company’s database of 20 billion test results from the last decade. Quest Diagnostics Drug Testing Index (DTI) reports examine trends in workplace drug testing, and have been considered a benchmark for U.S. workforce drug positivity trends since 1988
- In addition to the U.S., Quest Diagnostics operates clinical laboratories in laboratory facilities in Gurgaon, India; Heston, England; Mexico City, Mexico; and San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Named to Fortune Magazine's 2015 "World's Most Admired Companies" list in the Health Care industry category of "Pharmacy and Other Services"
- Ranked 364 on Fortune magazine’s Fortune 500 list for 2014
- Ranked 1089 on the Forbes Global 2000 for 2014
- Ranked 411 in the “Barron’s 500” ranking of top-performing large companies for 2014
- Named a member of the Dow Jones® Sustainability World and North America indexes since 2004 (DJSI World) and 2005 (DJSI North America). The Dow Jones Sustainability World Index represents the top 10% of the leading sustainability companies out of the biggest 2,500 companies in the Dow Jones Global Total Stock Market Index
- Quest Diagnostics earned a place on the annual Newsweek Green Rankings, for the fourth consecutive year, placing 112 on the 2014 U.S. list
- Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
- Achieved Cancer Gold Standard™ accreditation from the CEO Roundtable on Cancer, recognizing our important actions to reduce the cancer risk of employees and their families
Read more about awards and honors.
Products and Services
- Diagnostic information services
- Clinical trials
- Healthcare IT
- Wellness & risk management
- Drug Screening
Read more about products and services.