Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic information services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. We offer the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through our network of laboratories and patient service centers, and provide interpretive consultation through our extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics is a pioneer in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
At a Glance
- Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic information services
- Generated 2013 revenues of approximately $7.1 billion
- Publicly trades common stock on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX). More in Investor Relations
- Ranks as a component of the Standard & Poor's 500
- Touches the lives of 30 percent of American adults each year
- Serves about half of the physicians and hospitals in the U.S
- Engages workforce of about 41,000 employees dedicated to putting patients first every day
- Operates more than 2,200 patient service centers
- A medical and scientific staff of more than 700 M.D.s and Ph.D.s Strong logistics capabilities, including approximately 3,000 courier vehicles and 20 aircraft that collectively make tens of thousands of stops daily
- Offers physicians a test menu that is industry leading in breadth and innovation. Our test menu ranges from routine biological tests to complex and specialized molecular and gene-based testing as well as anatomic pathology
- Provides broad range of solutions for employers, including workplace drug testing for employers and government agencies; the BluePrint for Wellness employee wellness service; and risk assessment services for the life insurance industry
- Publishes original research in peer reviewed publications, at medical and scientific conferences, and as a public service. Quest Diagnostics Health Trends reports examine trends in diseases based on the company’s United States database. Quest Diagnostics Drug Testing Index (DTI) reports examine trends in workplace drug testing, and have been considered a benchmark for U.S. workforce drug positivity trends since 1988
- Ranked the No. 1 company in the Health Care industry category of "Pharmacy and Other Services" on FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list in 2013
- Ranked 341 on Fortune magazine’s Fortune 500 list for 2013
- Ranked 1090 on the Forbes Global 2000 for 2013
- Ranked 267 in the “Barron’s 500” ranking of top-performing large companies for 2013
- Named a member of the Dow Jones® Sustainability World and North America indexes since 2004 (DJSI World) and 2005 (DJSI North America). The Dow Jones Sustainability World Index represents the top 10% of the leading sustainability companies out of the biggest 2,500 companies in the Dow Jones Global Total Stock Market Index
- Quest Diagnostics earned a place on the annual Newsweek Green Rankings, for the third consecutive year, placing 177 on the U.S. 500 list
- Ranked Platinum-level “Best Employer for Healthy Lifestyles” by the National Business Group on Health in 2012
- Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
- Achieved Cancer Gold Standard™ accreditation from the CEO Roundtable on Cancer, recognizing our important actions to reduce the cancer risk of employees and their families
Read more about awards and honors.
Products and Services
- Diagnostic information services
- Clinical trials
- Healthcare IT
- Wellness & risk management
- Drug Screening
Read more about products and services.
- Headquarters in the U.S.: 3 Giralda Farms, Madison, NJ 07940
- Approximately 2,200 patient locations and dozens of clinical laboratories throughout the U.S.
- In addition to the U.S., Quest Diagnostics operates clinical laboratories in laboratory facilities in Gurgaon, India; Heston, England; Mexico City, Mexico; and San Juan, Puerto Rico
Read more about our locations.