College Student Internships & Opportunities
Summer 2019 Lab Internship Program
The Summer Lab Internship Program offers students the opportunity to gain experience in clinical and toxicology laboratory environments while working at the world's leading provider of diagnostic information services.
This is a 10 week, paid internship opportunity located at Quest Diagnostics' Lenexa, Kansas laboratory. Summer interns will have the opportunity to work with whole laboratory specimens and perform a wide range of tests, using both time-honored manual techniques, and state-of-the-art instruments.
As an intern in this program, you will:
- Perform and/or observe pre-analytical functions, lab-related projects
- Observe complex testing
- Gain experience and exposure in the fields of Special Chemistry, Hematology, Microbiology, Molecular Diagnostics, Immunology/Serology and Toxicology
- Participate in lunch 'n learns and weekly social activities to connect with your fellow interns and network with laboratory professionals
To participate in the Summer Lab Internship Program, an Intern must meet the following qualifications:
- Students must have completed junior year, going into their senior year.
- Students must be in a four-year baccalaureate program in medical laboratory science, chemistry, human biology, microbiology, molecular genetics or other human biomedical science-related field.
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.0.
- Must have one of the following from an accredited institution:
- Twenty-four semester hours of science courses that include 5-6 hours of mathematics and either 16 hours of chemistry OR 16 hours of biology
- Six semester hours each of chemistry and biology, along with 12 semester hours of chemistry, biology or medical laboratory technology (in any combination).
Interested in Applying?
- To apply and learn more details about the role, please click here.